- Leica Jps is powered by Locata Technology
- Jps network can be moved when and where needed
- Completely independent of GPS
- Augments conventional GPS systems
Downloads & Links
- World-First Locata enabled combined GPS+Terrestial Positioning System
- Leica - Locata Partnership EXTENDED
- Leica & Locata Press Release
- Locata & US Air Force Press Release
- Hexagon Press Release
- GPS world online article
Brochure & White Paper
Leica Jps (Jigsaw Positioning System) is the world’s only high precision positioning network that does not rely on, or require, GPS. Powered by Locata technology, Leica Jps provides “a new constellation of ground-based satellites” or alternative points of reference. These additional points of reference can be used in conjunction with, or completely independent of, the GPS satellite network.
Leica Jps provides an unprecedented level of reliability for high precision positioning in mining. Ground-based Leica Jps LocataLite transmitters are deployed, which augment conventional GPS systems. The LocataLites work without needing the additional corrections, communication or other assistance normally used for GPS high precision systems.
In mining, an industry which is increasingly reliant on GPS positioning, it is a common occurrence in deep pits and against high walls to experience signal blockage. With Leica Jps, this is no longer an issue, with Leica Jps supplementing, or replacing, the positioning network.
The Locata technology is being used by the US Air Force when GPS is jammed. This revolutionary breakthrough is available for mining exclusively through Leica Geosystems Mining.